Old 01-06-2021, 12:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Blackberry prune questin

On 6/1/2021 2:18 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

My Blackberry plants are three years old now (and
still no flowers or fruit).Â* Each spring, the branches
go green with leaves, but some don't.Â* On the dead
ones, do I let mother nature take its cource and
them fall off naturally or should I prune the dead
ones?

Many thanks,
-T

If these are "wild" blackberries , they fruit on last year's growth .
Those canes die after fruiting and can be pruned - in fact they must be
pruned or you end up with a big mess of dead canes in the way of picking
any fruit . And I have the scars to prove it , that's why I planted
thornless .
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...