Old 01-06-2021, 03:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Blackberry prune questin

T wrote:
Hi All,

My Blackberry plants are three years old now (and
still no flowers or fruit). Each spring, the branches
go green with leaves, but some don't. On the dead
ones, do I let mother nature take its cource and
them fall off naturally or should I prune the dead
ones?

in an arid environment dead material is valuable as
mulch and protection against the wind drying things out.

thorny mulch may not be the best material but when
nothing else is available it would have to do.

around here, as much as i can i get things buried
once i know they're done. that way the worms and
fungi can get to work on them asap.

songbird