Old 02-06-2021, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Stopping Reeds growing through Grass

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Having had many plants actually destroyed by contaminated 'organic'
horse manure that we were 'given' and having had a soil inspector in to
confirm it, I can assure you that NOTHING matches that, by way of
glyphosate or weed and feed, or indeed back in the day sodium chlorate
and or kerosene spills...

That is is egocentric ********. The problems caused by run-off into
watercourses include the local extinction of species, the destruction
of ecologies, and contamination of the water supply. What's more,
several of the chemicals and their decomposition products scarcely
degrade at all in the conditions that occur in the mud at the bottom
of the streams, lakes and ponds, so it's a long-term issue.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.