Old 02-06-2021, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Blackberry prune questin

On 6/2/2021 5:49 AM, songbird wrote:
Boron Elgar wrote:
I need to try some other variety of thornless- problem is, I do not
recall what I have, nor did I by the time they started to fruit a year
or 3 after they went in.

They fruit well enough, look great, but they do not have the deep,
wonderful flavor of the scratch-your-eyes-out old ones I spent so long
getting rid of.

there are a few things i'm willing to just buy at the store.
raspberry seedless jam and blackberry seedless jam. i like
both of them but i don't want them very often and i sure don't
want anything around here like a blackberry patch having seen
what they are like out west.

acres and acres of blackberry brambles is enough to give me
nightmares.

When I first moved to Seattle, I loved to go out and pick several
gallons each year. A couple pairs of jeans and an old leather coat, and
I was ready to go picking.