Old 08-06-2021, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Scale insect

Looking for some ideas!

We have down the centre line of our big polytunnel an Apricot a couple
of peaches and a nectarine, they have become lagged in scale (soft I think)

I cant use insecticide because we eat the fruit, I have been using a
vegetable oil based winter wash which clearly hasn't been doing the job.
We also can't use a Jeyes fluid type winter wash as the polytunnel is
our growing on place for clematis.

Intention is at some point soon to cut out the worse affected branches
and shoots and manually scrub what remains - but is there an
easier/better way to go about it?

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall