Old 09-06-2021, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_8_] Bob Hobden[_8_] is offline

Default Scale insect

On 8 Jun 2021 22:54, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Looking for some ideas!

We have down the centre line of our big polytunnel an Apricot a couple
of peaches and a nectarine, they have become lagged in scale (soft I think)

I cant use insecticide because we eat the fruit, I have been using a
vegetable oil based winter wash which clearly hasn't been doing the job.
We also can't use a Jeyes fluid type winter wash as the polytunnel is
our growing on place for clematis.

Intention is at some point soon to cut out the worse affected branches
and shoots and manually scrub what remains - but is there an
easier/better way to go about it?

Suffer with Scale on our citrus trees and I found a sprayer filled with
Soft Soap solution or even washing up liquid pumped up as high as
possible blasts them off. Yes I do have to go down each branch and
leaf and I do get wet but it works.

--
Regards.
Bob Hobden