Old 10-06-2021, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is this sisyrinchium striatum?

On 10/06/2021 14:35, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 13:45:02 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

http://www.larksrise.com/Project%20P...1/BCD_0024.JPG
http://www.larksrise.com/Project%20P...1/BCD_0025.JPG

These have popped up in the garden - I've been moving bulbs around as I
recovered some beds - but I don't recall them before except one plant
last year.

This year there are several clumps. Might be something the ex planted,
but still a bit perplexed.

They make a nice show for a week or two

My query is that my flowers are in tiers, whereas net photos show them
all up the stem.

I have a couple of sisyrinchiums out ATM. The flowers are in tiers, as
yours. They were bought at a charity fete, so lacked more detail. Beth
Chatto advertises S. striatum, which look like both yours and mine,
although I would say the flowers on yours and hers are a little
further apart than on mine. I would hazard a guess that they can vary
slightly in the spacing, depending on cultivation conditions (soil,
light, moisture etc.) https://tinyurl.com/ydkgh7lu

Beware, they seed freely!

Ok, that's why they have popped up everywhere, probably

I can weed em out from where I dont want em and transplant em to where
I do!

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people by telling poor people that "other" rich people are the reason

Peter Thompson