Old 11-06-2021, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default ping songbird: garlic seeds

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 7:42:48 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
Hi Songbird,

If I like the Trader Joe's garlic I just planted,
I was thinking of letting a few go to seed.

They are right next to my green onions. Will the
cross pollinate? They are similar families.

If they turn out to be soft neck, will they flower
and seed?

Does garlic take two years to bulb up from seed?

-T

A garlic-flavored onion might have some commercial possibilities with the fine dining set.

Paul