Old 26-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Wollemi pine plants "soon" available

How soon before they are being offered at every Lowes and Home Depot across
America?

It will become the biggest thing since the "Norfolk Island Pine"!!!!!

Just you wait and see.

Iris Cohen wrote in message
Wollemia has distinct juvenile and adult foliage so it might be

interesting
to see whether bonsai plants can produce the adult foliage.

In the Cupressaceae, conifer bonsai such as juniper can be persuaded to

produce
adult foliage with appropriate culture. Severe pruning is more likely to
stumulate juvenile foliage. I have a J. squamata bonsai which, following

its
winter rest, produced juvenile needles in late winter and spring under

lights,
and adult scale foliage in summer & fall outdoors.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)