Old 25-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Wesley Trotman

Default cap'n blood here - was: worms revisited

Hi len.
Seeing the big dust storms on TV news, have you been able to keep the dust
out of your eyes?. if you are lucky you may have gained some other poor sods
top soil.
I have seen above ground swimming pools going quite cheaply may be a a good
isdea until you can afford tanks.
Garlic grows wild around here, its not invasive but it can compete ok with
other grases etc. I gues it could spread by seed but then some small corms
could have been taken up with the mulch.

Whats this larky about earning some money? Do you mean you are going to
compete for customers at the fleshpots of Surfers? Tell me if you find a
good income source. Do you think anyone would find a 65 yo with a crook back
and grey beard attractive?
Seriously, is there a LETS system operating near you? There used to be one
in Gympie but they come and go. There is a possiblity of batering for what
you need. In places like Russia and Argentina about 50% of business is done
by barter.

All the best

Wes

len brauer wrote in message
ok any day now i reckon i'm gonna feel the urge to put some update
pics online, this building a house from scratch experience has been
nothing short of a nighmare, and does not come highly recommended by
us. we are a cats whisker away from the tiolet eventually being
finished and getting the whole project through final inspection.

we are going to try and sell the geese before we turn them into food,
there is no hope of proviidng grazing here for them without at least
regular rainfall, which currently we are conservatively around 18"s
behind the proverbial 8 ball. the dam level dam drops by the day, the
bore is now not able to provide water to capacity, so may need to
prostitute my body to get funds for the extra bit-n-pieces needed so
we can swap between the bore and the tanks. the ultimate being getting
an excavator in and dredging out the water hole then buy a
petrol/diesel powered fire pump to pump water from there to a yet to
be installed gravity feed tank.

all takes money and we are desperatley trying to win lotto right now,
but it will happen eventually, pity there isn't some trusted advice
department sopmewhere to come and see what you need and make suitable
suggestions, but that's another story. like it would be good if
someone said to us to buy a 40 foot container instead of the far too
small 20 footer, maybe there is a money earning thingy there for us in
the future. as i type this i can hear thunder in the distant west
fingers crossed.

well we rescued what ever chinese water chestnuts of teds that we
could (sorry ted if i wasn't such a conservationist i'd eat the
ducks).

ok a question:

we have garlic growing out of some of the mulch that we have put
around one of our peanut trees, now we don't throw garlic out what is
lucky enough to sprout (we are high garlic consumers) gets planted.

so now the question there are about 5 garlic plants growing in a small
circle (about 6" diameter), when i first saw them they looked like
garlic but i thought they may be a native plant, but today i crushed
up a bit of leaf and it smells like garlic - so how did it get there?

do you reckon it could be wild garlic if there is such a beast?

now the original mulch hay was spread this time last year there has
been some new compost mulch added of recent times. could the recent
mulch have been collected from an old garlic farm and contain seed
that have now sprouted? appreciate nay thoughts or ideas the total
answer may become evident whenh it is time to harvest later on.

water prob's and all all our summer crops are looking good we look
like having a bumper melon and pumpkin crop, so can feel some farm
gate sales on the way (slow down len your counting the chickens before
they hatch now), so because culture has changed the honesty system no
longer works so we would need to allocate time to personnaly sell say
2 afternoons a week for a couple of hours or so, well bev could do
some knitting hey?

anyhow this is getting a bit long, i visit at least twice daily read
most posts. and will keep you all up to date on behalf of ted n sheena
with pleasure.

tkae care one and all

len n bev
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment
http://hub.dataline.net.au/~gardnlen/