Old 26-04-2003, 01:31 PM
James

Default beetles that look like ladybug but not; Sandpipers?

"Archimedes Plutonium" wrote in message

James wrote:

Killdeer maybe. It hollers "kideee kideee".

Yes, you are right, they are killdeer and not what I had thought were
sandpipers. Now, can you tell me whether killdeer (what a silly name for
a bird, unless they warn deer of approaching hunters). Can you tell
me if some killdeer winter over near San Diego Coronado where I
first heard them around 1983, or were they sandpipers?

They are a plover. I have no idea about their coastal habits as I am in the
upper south.

Does a sandpiper make as loud of a call as killdeer and display that
fake injury.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies