Old 26-04-2003, 09:20 PM
BillC

Default Reblooming Irises have not started to grow - are they dead? :(

From what I've now read, this isn't the case for German Irises. The
rhizomes I dug up had TOTALLY turned to mush. These things were deader
then dirt.. literally.. I actually had trouble finding some of the
rhizomes as they had actually decomposed back into dirt!

Other bulbs (Daffodils, for example), you CAN plant as late as
December.

(Marley1372) came out of the closet to say:

dude. Its michigan. Relax. Im in detroit and nothing is happening with any
plants here either. As far as them "not having enough warm months", blah blah
blah..... Ive planted bulbs in mid december here in michigan that were fine the
next spring. Bulbs have everything they need inside them to bloom. They will
actually start growing in the store if left there long enough.

paitence young grasshopper...

Toad