Old 26-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Me too.

Default Rat in yard!

Yes, have them too. This was a rat.

"Cereoid-XXXXX" wrote in message
. ..
Are you absolutely sure it wasn't an opossum?

Me too. wrote in message
link.net...
Hi, just the other day, I noticed there is a rat around our deck out

back.
It seems to be eating the bird food that falls to the ground, (2 bird
feeders mounted on deck.) This is a somewhat rural area and has a
population of squirrels, chipmunks, bear, groundhogs, deer, rabbits etc.
So, seeing this unfamiliar site has thrown me. We have 3 large house

cats
with full sets of claws, so I'm not too worried about the rat coming in

and
surviving, or should I be? Anyway, this is 1st time I've seen a rat

around
here and I'm not sure if I need to be concerned?

What to do?

Thanks...