Old 27-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Dave Fouchey

Default Rat in yard!

What area of the country are you in? You might engage one of the
neighborhood kids to catch a Rat Snake and turn it loose near the
deck!

Of course they also will eat Squirrels, Chipmunks, Birds etc...but the
rat would be history...

Dave

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 19:51:33 GMT, "Me too." wrote:

Hi, just the other day, I noticed there is a rat around our deck out back.
It seems to be eating the bird food that falls to the ground, (2 bird
feeders mounted on deck.) This is a somewhat rural area and has a
population of squirrels, chipmunks, bear, groundhogs, deer, rabbits etc.
So, seeing this unfamiliar site has thrown me. We have 3 large house cats
with full sets of claws, so I'm not too worried about the rat coming in and
surviving, or should I be? Anyway, this is 1st time I've seen a rat around
here and I'm not sure if I need to be concerned?

What to do?

Thanks...