Old 27-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Dave Fouchey

Default Rat in yard!

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 22:42:42 -0400, "Michael Baugh"
wrote:

If you have a rat, you're probably feeding it.

He noted the Bird Feeder

If you have one rat, you probably already have a colony.

No doubt particularly in light of the size of the individual he
reported.

If you saw it during the day, you likely have a massive infestation.

A good possibility

If you have a deck, I'll bet you're not able to see under it to
tell if there are harborages there.

Most likely, hence my suggestion of introducing a Rat or Bull snake to
the deck area...they can and do go anywhere a rat might.

Cheers!

Dave

Me too. wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hi, just the other day, I noticed there is a rat around our deck out back.
It seems to be eating the bird food that falls to the ground, (2 bird
feeders mounted on deck.) This is a somewhat rural area and has a
population of squirrels, chipmunks, bear, groundhogs, deer, rabbits etc.
So, seeing this unfamiliar site has thrown me. We have 3 large house cats
with full sets of claws, so I'm not too worried about the rat coming in

and
surviving, or should I be? Anyway, this is 1st time I've seen a rat

around
here and I'm not sure if I need to be concerned?

What to do?

Thanks...