Old 28-11-2002, 01:22 PM
Judanne

Default composting toilet???

Len,

Would this be the same sort of enzymes used in septic tanks? If so, I have
a bottle here called "Eco-Zyme B+" I got it locally in Tassie, but the
label on the back says it comes from Maxwell Chemicals P/L, 28 Thomas Rd,
Kwinana, WA 6167. Ph: 08 9419 4144.

I bought a house with a septic which I'd never had before and within a few
weeks of using it, it became rather smelly. The person I got the enzymes
from recommended using a cupful a week, but I've only ever used it when I
can smell the tank, so 5 litres has lasted a very long time.

Judanne in Tassie

"len brauer" wrote in message
news
hope everyone is doing well? our northern mates are getting ready for
winter we down under are locked into drought, fires and an early
summer by all accounts.

at long last the house has had final inspection the 'nature-loo'
composting toilet is working very well, and only using wind to vent
the bin.

supplied with the loo was a couple of small bottles of concentrate
enzyme, what we want to know is, is this the best product to use?

is this process organic?

and above all if we need to be using it does anyone have any
experience sourcing it in bulk?

i've tried searches, and the product has no name or agents name.

will try and get motivated to take some more pics, we have been busy
mulching in bulk and re-doing the contour rips just in case it should
rain.

our bore is very low in production we have had to connect the tanks to
the system so we can water our food crops and keep our trees alive. we
did get 62mm the weekend before last.

len n bev
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the
environment
http://hub.dataline.net.au/~gardnlen/