Old 27-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Folklore

Default Servicing sprinkler systems

A few more thoughts

- Sometimes the air does not close the anti-siphon valve. If that
happens I can usually knock on mine with my fist a couple of times and
it pops up.

- If you already have some ice in your lines when you blow it (I'm
guilty of waiting too long some years), start off with fairly low
pressure (10psi or something) and then do the 2 higher power blows.

- If you're plumbed for it, don't forget to blow all of your spigots
and hoses out at the same time.

- Be careful who you tell that your plans for the day include a
blow-job.

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:07:54 -0500, Folklore Said:

I've been doing my own for about 10 years. I usually run about 40psi.
It takes about 2 blows for each zone. I run through all the zones
once and then run through them all a second time. The typical
scenario is to open the zone until a few seconds after the compressor
kicks in. I wait about 10 - 15 minutes between zones to keep the
compressor from overheating (otherwise it'd be running almost
constantly). Be careful about water blowback into your tank. Either
use a HP check valve or us alot of air hose hanging in a coil.

Good Luck