Old 27-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Rick

Default champagne or wine yeasts for DIY CO2?

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
news
I've heard about using champagne or wine yeast for DIY CO2. How much
different is that from the normal quick rising yeast I get at the grocery
store? How much longer will it last etc. Does anyone use it successfully
and
if so, what sort of proportions are used with sugar

Changing the mixture every week or so is getting a bit tiresome
thanx alot!

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

I was using the wine yeast with the jello recipe and it would last between
2-3 weeks. Didn't try it with the just water and sugar. I get about 10 days
from the regular mixture. Wine yeast is a buck (cdn) a package here and you
use (or I did) one entire package per mixture so it was just getting too
expensive.

Rick