Old 27-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Steve Harris

Default What I've learnt about Thymus Vulgaris

I planted a lot of thyme last year, including the common sort. Some of
it came from garden centres and some from Tesco where they sell it for
food at 52p a pot.

The Garden Centre stuff is tidy and flowers profusely for months. In the
kitchen, it's rather pungent - I even wondered if it had been
contaminated with diesel!

The Tesco stuff spends its first few weeks flopping all over the place
and it never looks *quite* as smart or flower as well. In the kitchen,
it's WONDERFUL. A sweet and complex flavour :-)