Old 03-12-2002, 01:01 AM
len brauer

Default Advice on land plot (long)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:24:05 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

"snipped
in the hills to align the house anything from about 30 degrees W of N to
10 degrees E of N.

if you are considering a 'warm-house, cool-house' 11 degrees west of
magnetic north si about true north keeps the summer solstice off the
rear wall in the arfternoon that being the hottest sun.

snipped
is nearly the longest day now it is hard to judge what the sunlight will
be like nearer the shortest day.

the sun will be less for good winter vege growing a good 6 hours of
sun at least 8 is better, maybe an opportunity to set up 2 differnet
vege' garden areas to suit the seasons and the sun available.

snipped
it be northern nsw?

we are at 26 degrees, you get a lot of rain but using raised beds will
negate any negatives fromthat, our average is around 30"s, so far this
year we are averaging 47mm we need some big rain to catch up.

snipped

if you are building consider a composting toilet this is our first and
we are very impressed.

Thanks for your thoughts

David

enjoy we are