Old 18-12-2002, 04:24 AM
Judanne

Default Rock dust

I visited a friend a few days ago, who grows berries and other fruit right
on the high water mark of the Tamar River. He gave me a bucket of
raspberries and strawberries and after washing them I took them along to a
party that evening where everyone commented on the quality and taste. I
assumed that it was because my friend is an organic grower, but when I
mentioned the praise to him he said it was because he uses rock dust on his
fruit.

His theory is that the most fertile lands on Earth have this rock dust in
the naturally because of glaciations. This apparently didn't happen in
Australia and so he adds his own. He reckons that since using this, which
he says is not a fertilizer, but rather a mineral supplement for the soil,
his fruit has been tastier.

He's given me about a litre of the rock dust to use on my plants.

Any info on this?

Judanne