Old 03-12-2002, 04:43 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Advice on land plot (long)

"Judanne" wrote in message
u...
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
u...
It is the shadow of the N hill that concerns me in that respect. As

it
is nearly the longest day now it is hard to judge what the sunlight

will
be like nearer the shortest day.

Many years ago I bought a book from the CSIRO called, I think,

"Sunshine and
shadow in Australia" and by using a protractor included in the back

of the
book, I was able to work out how much sun I would get through each

window
from any particular angle. I don't know if its still available and
unfortunately I can't find it at the moment to make sure these details

are
true. Basically it gave directions, based on your latitude, of how

much sun
to expect based on the aspect of the window and also showed what sort

of
awning to provide in order to let in winter sun and keep out summer.

You
may have to take a sight over the top of the hill from where you

imagine
your north wall will be and then measure the angle to see how much

sun, if
any you will lose.

Just did a "Google" search and I found it here, along with some other
interesting books

http://www.publish.csiro.au/books/su...ct.cfm?BCID=18
Its the 4th from the bottom.

Good luck
Judanne

Great! It is still in print. This will save me doing lots of sums.

David