Old 27-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Robert Flory

Default champagne or wine yeasts for DIY CO2?

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
news
I've heard about using champagne or wine yeast for DIY CO2. How much
different is that from the normal quick rising yeast I get at the grocery
store? How much longer will it last etc. Does anyone use it successfully
and
if so, what sort of proportions are used with sugar

Changing the mixture every week or so is getting a bit tiresome
thanx alot!

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

Switch to the jello mixture. I get over 3 weeks to s 2 liter bottle. The
real advantage to using the wine yeast is as some put somewhere one this
news group of a list somewhere... you could drink the end result.
Bob