Old 28-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Dave Fouchey

Default Rat in yard!

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:37:51 GMT, animaux wrote:

Unless you plan to kill everything on the planet, including every rat, I'd just
move the feeder away from the house and always wear shoes or something on your
feet. We have rats, snakes, skinks, lizards, anoles, birds, armadillo's, skunks
occasionally, cats, bats, and insects. It all balances out. It is futile work
getting rid of rats or anything living wild outdoors. Strike a balance.

Which was why I suggested Rat Snakes as a control, keeps things
balanced..

Dave

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 19:51:33 GMT, "Me too." wrote:

Hi, just the other day, I noticed there is a rat around our deck out back.
It seems to be eating the bird food that falls to the ground, (2 bird
feeders mounted on deck.) This is a somewhat rural area and has a
population of squirrels, chipmunks, bear, groundhogs, deer, rabbits etc.
So, seeing this unfamiliar site has thrown me. We have 3 large house cats
with full sets of claws, so I'm not too worried about the rat coming in and
surviving, or should I be? Anyway, this is 1st time I've seen a rat around
here and I'm not sure if I need to be concerned?

What to do?

Thanks...