Old 29-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Ann

Default Plume poppy, was Help with conflicting bugbane instructions!!

"SugarChile" expounded:

It's much taller than goatsbeard, with thicker stems and less of them in a
clump. The leaves are large, about the size of my hand or more. You don't
see it around much, I suppose because of its reputation for invasiveness,
but as I said, that's not been a problem for me. I love the stuff, it would
make my top ten list of plants I wouldn't want to be without. I even
designed a quilt featuring it, using tiny pink seed beads to make the
plumes.

They are lovely, but can be invasive, at least in our area.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA