Old 29-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Marcia Sarellana

Default Cats in rose beds

The best way I have found to discourage cats from using my flowerbed as a
bathroom is to gather "pokey balls" from one of the trees in my yard and
spreading them out on top of the soil. I don't know the real name of this
tree, but it sheds little balls about 2-2 1/2 inches big with spikes on
them. Cats do NOT like walking on these, so they will avoid your
flowerbeds!!!

"Daniel Hanna" wrote in message
home.com.au...
In Corepaul wrote:
How can I keep the neighbor's cats from using my raised rose beds as a
litter box?

There is a cat and dog repellent gel and granules he

http://www.multicrop.com.au/animal.htm

Other than that, your choices may include

(a) A dog
(b) An air rifle loaded with those silver cake decoration balls
(c) A hose
(d) A motion-detecting sprinkler - http://www8.smarthome.com/6120.html

Good luck!