Old 21-02-2003, 11:35 PM
John Savage

Default Low Light, Low Water Plants

"Willow" writes:
I might put some variegated mondo grass or fairly lights in to cover the
borders & then some plants with nice & colourful foliage behind. I've

Careful with the varigated plants. They need stronger light than the
plain variety to compensate for their patchy chlorophyll. If the area
is as low in light as you imply, the plain green mondo (short or ordinary)
might do better. Perhaps try both. Just a thought.

The black mondo can look nice, in the right setting, but I don't know
their light requirements.
--
John Savage (newsgroup email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)