Old 30-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Malcolm

Default BOYCOTT SCOTLAND SAY HOG ACTIVISTS Apr 26 2003 --- vote Steve Rudd PM

In article , Adrian Tupper
writes
"Malcolm" wrote in message
In article , Adrian Tupper
writes
"Rob Naylor" wrote in message

Around 1200 members of the Jacobite army died at
Culloden, by no means all of them highlanders.
Compared to the planned cull of 5000 hedgehogs.
Interestingly (or not?) Cumberland's army actually contained more Scots
than
did the Jacobite force (comprising highlanders, plus French and Irish
supporters).

Scotland was divided between those two (1745) causes. I don't think the
current battlefield
on Harris arrouses the same passions today.

Especially as the original premise was completely wrong because there
are no hedgehogs on Harris!

Perhaps a few have paddled across at low tide?

It would have to be an awfully low tide to expose the whole width of the
Sound of Harris!

They are on the Uists and Benbecula.

My mistake. But I don't think this thread was meant to be a geography
lesson.

Well, think of it as learning something new every day :-)

--
Malcolm