Old 30-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Mike

Default Beware of Gardener

In article , K Bains
writes

"Zizz" wrote in message

"K Bains" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , K Bains
writes
Please beware of Colin the Gardener from:-

Midland Lawn Cutting & Garden Services, Flat 10 Lowrey Court,

Oldbury,
West
Midlands, B68 9TZ

Mobile: 07901 912759
Tel: 0800 2982369

Colin took £25 to mow and weed a small garden, the job was never

done!
he
is
not trustworthy and I highly recommend people to keep away from his

slack
services.

Kind regards.

Kay

Kay I was very interested in this posting and I have cross posted to
uk.rec.gardening where a discussion has been going on re charges for
this type of service. Was the £25.00 the full payment and how long did
he say it would take him? Did he quote an hourly rate?

Mike

------
Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th -
June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Hi there, he seemed very interested and said the first charge would be

£25
which I stupidly paid, its a small garden so any work carried out would

have
been finished within the hour. After that the hourly rate would have

been
£5 an hour.

When I rang Colin today, he said his van was broken and for me to find
another gardener, and then switched off his mobile.

I know I've been done out by this cheapskate of a dog!

And have you reported him to the trading standards office?

I did think about reporting him, but no such agreement/contract was signed,
I ain't got a case.

You most certainly have got a case. He has your money he came to your
house and gave you a quote.

Besides that, if you go to Trading Standards and report him, they may
already have a file on him, even if they haven't, they will start one!!

Doubt if he is a member, but have a look at various Associations such as
the Federation of the Self Employed, The Guild of Master Craftsmen and
the Chamber of Commerce.

:-))