Old 01-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Ian Timshel

Default (newbie) burr-oak.. will it bud back?

Hi all.
This is my first post here and it's a big group! You folks seem very
active.
I've found your irc #bonsai channel and was warmly welcomed. Thanks
"wheaties" I've browsed this groups web-site but there is plenty left
to absorb.

I have no trees, tools or books and am in no hurry to acquire them,
although I have begun the patient process of considering a starting
point. ;^) Spending money is likely the easy part..ehh

My first steps toward contacting the local club has fallen on deaf ears
for the time being but I will persist.

My initial fantasy was to glean a burr-oak from the back bush. I have
155 acres to wander (zone 3a in Canada) and the deer have mangled many
young trees into attractive aesthetic shapes.

Queston one is: Does anyone know if burr-oak will bud back?

Second question is: Am I a dolt for considering making a beginning in
this direction?

My plan intitially was to spend quite a bit of time wandering the back
yard marking candidates while asking questions and posting pictures.
Does this sound reasonable?

Cheers! Ian.

--
Please remove "REMOVE" in my email address to reach me.