Old 01-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Critical Popperian

Default Breeding Cichlids in an outdoor pond...

I am building a small outdoor pond to breed cichlids in. I haven't decided
whether to go with Sounth American or African cichlids yet... Pond will be
approx 500 - 600 Gallons.... Never done this before, so any advice regarding
plants, filteration, feasability of raising cichlids this way, would be
appreciated.. I am in the Toronto area on Ontario Canada.

Depending on your location... you'll probably need a serious heater to
keep the water as stabily warm as it is in the native countries. I
know one guy who is doing this and the #1 concern was building a
permanent gas-exchange and heating system for the pond.