Old 25-02-2003, 12:12 AM
Thomas

Default WTB: Greenhouse clear plastic panels

well, that didn't come out right...lol.I meant that the 6 mil will way
outlast the cold. It's just a minor "p-i-t-a" to replace every year.
"Thomas" wrote in message
gy.com...
well, I live in Dallas, and have a 8'x16' greenhouse and have never needed
the greenhouse for more than 90 days max...way longer than the 6 mil will
last..you will incinerate anything else in the greenhouse in Texas.. you
can buy a butt load of 6 mil for the price of that fiberglass.
"Gene S" wrote in message
I went by Lowe's & the translucent 5oz fiberglass was
$14.19 per 12' x 26" piece. The clear poly carb panel
was $24.68 per the same size.

Question: Will the cheaper fiberglass panels work for a
greenhouse, or MUST I use the more expensive
clear poly carb ones? It's quiet a savings initially, but
not sure what the trade-offs are?

THANKS,
Gene

--
E-mail:

"animaux" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:41:31 -0600, "Gene S"

wrote:

Want to buy enough clear plastic panels to build
a 36x24' greenhouse. I only want the rigid 2' or
so wide type - not the plastic sheeting. I have looked
at the new stuff at Lowe's & Home Depot, etc. - just do
not want to spend that much :-)

Thanks,
Gene
Briggs, TX

Home Depot and Lowes have the best prices on the corrugated

fiberglass.
don't
think you'll find the panels any cheaper.

Victoria