Old 25-02-2003, 01:21 AM
cat daddy

Default WTB: Greenhouse clear plastic panels

I used Palruf corrugated clear PVC from Home Depot to cover my greenhouse
last year and am happy so far. It was also the cheapest and has a 5 year
warranty. Just be sure to pre-drill and use roofing screws.

"Gene S" wrote in message
LOL - thanks.

I have a 50x100 roll of 6mil greenhouse poly, but
after thinking about it, I decided that panels would
be a lot less hassle over the long run. The problem
that I have is that Lowe's seems to be the only game
in town - so I must buy the fiberglass (FRP) or the poly carb.
Just not sure which one to go with. Wish I had more
choices, but not a lot of options here near Austin :-(

Gene

--
E-mail:

"Thomas" wrote in message
gy.com...
well, that didn't come out right...lol.I meant that the 6 mil will way
outlast the cold. It's just a minor "p-i-t-a" to replace every year.
"Thomas" wrote in message
gy.com...
well, I live in Dallas, and have a 8'x16' greenhouse and have never

needed
the greenhouse for more than 90 days max...way longer than the 6 mil

will
last..you will incinerate anything else in the greenhouse in Texas..

you
can buy a butt load of 6 mil for the price of that fiberglass.
"Gene S" wrote in message
I went by Lowe's & the translucent 5oz fiberglass was
$14.19 per 12' x 26" piece. The clear poly carb panel
was $24.68 per the same size.

Question: Will the cheaper fiberglass panels work for a
greenhouse, or MUST I use the more expensive
clear poly carb ones? It's quiet a savings initially, but
not sure what the trade-offs are?