Old 25-02-2003, 03:17 AM
animaux

Default WTB: Greenhouse clear plastic panels

The poly carbonate will maintain it's clarity and light transmission as it was
designed to do. The less expensive fiberglass will certainly yellow, lowering
light transmission and you will have to replace it. I think the poly carbonate
is a much better value over the long run.

Victoria

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:16:45 -0600, "Gene S" wrote:

I went by Lowe's & the translucent 5oz fiberglass was
$14.19 per 12' x 26" piece. The clear poly carb panel
was $24.68 per the same size.

Question: Will the cheaper fiberglass panels work for a
greenhouse, or MUST I use the more expensive
clear poly carb ones? It's quiet a savings initially, but
not sure what the trade-offs are?

THANKS,
Gene