Old 25-02-2003, 03:22 AM
animaux

Default WTB: Greenhouse clear plastic panels

Did you try calling the Habitat Resale Store? I don't know the number, but ya
never know what they may have. I have a 10x20 foot greenhouse which I bought
from this place:

http://www.greenhousekit.com/homegreenhouses2.htm

It has a 7 year life if I left it up all the time. I only use it from late
November till end of March to house my collection of brugmansia and start seeds,
pot divisions of perennials, etc.

We take it down and put it up every year. It takes a total of about one hour
for two people to get it up and another hour taking it down. I have a small
electric heater in there, which has given me about a 12 degree protection. In
other words, it can go down to 20 and I would not have cellular damage in the
dead of winter on my plants.

Just a thought or option. I paid about 700 dollars, shipping was free. Don't
know what they charge now.

Victoria

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:35:18 -0600, "Gene S" wrote:

LOL - thanks.

I have a 50x100 roll of 6mil greenhouse poly, but
after thinking about it, I decided that panels would
be a lot less hassle over the long run. The problem
that I have is that Lowe's seems to be the only game
in town - so I must buy the fiberglass (FRP) or the poly carb.
Just not sure which one to go with. Wish I had more
choices, but not a lot of options here near Austin :-(

Gene