Old 23-02-2003, 01:15 AM
rusty

Default Aloe Vera Plants

Thank you kind person for your follow up....

The most that I felt I got from alot of the group was a good flaming.

Sorry folks, I have cats and plants, which do not always mix. But the Aloe
was given to me by a person who could not tend to it due to health.

How, the Big Plant, ( leave span is about 30" diamater) is ok, but the
leaves that broke off were and are the issue. I put them in roottone, and
put them in soil. What is the likelyhood of anything.

Please this time, can we be NICE?!?

One human, many cats that needed a home and plants
"jammer" wrote in message

It made me sick to read this. This is what i came to ask. I have many
aloe leaves in a vase of water. What happened was i have this
sentimental aloe plant and i probably over watered it. It started
bending and then i noticed the base was turning to mush. I left the
potted base and pulled off the rest of it. There is NOTHING i can
DO????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:37:51 GMT, "Cereoid+10"
wrote:

Aloe vera cannot be propagated from leaf cuttings.

Not all leaf succulents can be propagated from leaf cuttings.

Aloe are succulents not Cactus.

Not all succulents are Cactus.

rusty wrote in message
OK, to start off.... This is my first post. I do not know the rules...
please disarm any flame throwers

Thanks

I have an Aloe Plant that was given to me by a neighbor. This plant is

huge
and up until yesterday in good shape. Last night the plant got knocked

off
the counter by a cat (do not say get rid of the cat... I am not sure

which
one it was). A few of the leaves got broken off. I would like to save

them
and try to get new plants growing from them. I have dipped them in a
rooting hormone, and placed them in soil. Is this the best thing to

do?
Any ideas would be helpful.

I did this since I have had success with another Succulent type Cactus

that
was too big. And it took off great.

Thanks in advance,

Rusty