Old 01-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Bob A

Default aquariumfish.net arrivals

Yes, that's a good point, maybe that's the reason they don't require a
signature. Like I said, I really didn't mean to be putting them down that
much. I like good communication whenever I order most things, so next time
I will phone my order, and ask any questions.

thanks,

bob

"Christopher" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
you don't have to sign for them because if they require a signature and

you
are in your bathroom taking a shower when they come then your package gets
taken back to the facility (at the end of the day) so best case scenario

is
instead of getting your package at 11am you get it at 8pm. I guess they
figure its better for you to get it earlier than later. They overnight

the
fish from san diego so you are probably getting them ~20 hours after being
bagged, add 9 hours to that and I'll bet you would have a lot higher
mortality rate. What they are doing is smarter for the fish and incures
more liability for them because you could not be home until that evening

and
then when you get the fish you could claim losses that YOU were

responsible
for and blame them for it since they have no way of knowing when you got

the
package.

I was pleased with aquariumfish, although I wouldn't go buying ghost

shrimp
from them, $.40 each is riddiculous, some of their fish are really good
deals, others are not.

"Bob A" wrote in message
I wanted to thank everyone who responded, in one post, thanks! I am
encouraged that the shrimp may be well, after all. And probably they

are
Amanos.

I do wish I had prepared by having a smaller, less crowded tank to start

the
shrimp and smaller fish in. The Panda Corys are incredibly cute.

I'm
glad yours did well Leigh. Can you tell me how big they are now?

Someone said aquariumfish.net sounded like it was not a good place to

order
from, I really don't want to put them down. Mainly I would agree with

Leigh
that email service was lacking. I also did not have to sign for them,

and
that really surprised me. If I ever order from them again, I will do it

by
phone and ask questions.

thanks again,

bob