Old 01-05-2003, 05:08 PM
John Hines

Default Breeding Cichlids in an outdoor pond...

"Madd Hatter" wrote:

I'm in the Toronto area (I think this equates weather wise to Michigan, near
the lakes)... I don't plan to make this a year round thing. I heard that
around june 1st the temp. gets warm enough to keep atleast South American in
there.

They would be a lot easier. Africans require water chemistry unique to
lake Malawi (?), very high pH and tropical.

You'll have to pull them out, and put them inside when the temp drops.

From my experience, with an Texas Cichlid in an aquarium, they are very
prolific.