Old 01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
jmv

Default Grass

glad I am not the only one out here wondering what to do with my lawn.
became a home owner in central Virginia in June and have this drought to
contend with.

--
Thanks - jeanne

"Progress always involves risk -- you can't
steal second base and keep your foot on first."
~Frederick Wilcox~

"Lance" wrote in message
Woooooooo!!!!!! I have grass! I was getting a little worried...my

neighbor
did his the weekend before me. After a week, his was a inch or so tall
already. After a week, all I could see in my yard were little seeds. But
this morning I noticed for the first time significant amounts of about 1
inch tall blades. I'm so excited. Hahaha.

Thanks for all the advice. My first lawn is on its way.

--
Lance

"Lance" wrote in message
Thanks all. Now I've got a lot of work to do!

Lance

"Lance" wrote in message
I'm a new homeowner, and I've never had to really take care of a lawn
before. My lawn has a lot of dead spots in it....basically Saturday I

mowed
the dirt in my front yard and the grass in my back yard.

My neighbor is out spraying roundup, raking up dead stuff, putting out

lime,
putting out grass seed, and covering with hay. Is all of this really
necessary or can I just rake the dead areas (to aerate) and then seed
everywhere? Also, what about fertilizer? When and what kind?

Lance