Old 01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Laurie Brooke Adams \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default strange mushroom ID?

Hi Anne,

Thanks for the great link! After noodling around, I saw some very familiar
sights.

I have greyish-lavender blue ones like this:
http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/special/tacoma/mush0412.html

And tan ones like this:
http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/special/tacoma/mush0409.html

And coral-y red ones like this:
http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/special/tacoma/mush0404.html

http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/special/tacoma/mush0407.html

All of these are called Russula. Does anyone know about the toxicity with
these?

-- laurie brooke adams (Mother Mastiff) mastiffs at mindspring dot-com
***If a DOG could choose whether to just be beautiful, or to be sound
and healthy TOO, what do YOU think the dog would choose?***
(C) 2002 My words are my own. If you want to use them, ASK ME FIRST.

Dark egg breeds: Welsummer, Marans. Also Exchequer Leghorns.
Chicks only, accepting reservations now for 2003
"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
Judi,

I found a website that *might* have an image that would help you. It's
the John C. Tacoma Mushroom Slide Collection, 1968-1978, Indiana
University -- and it seems to have a *lot* of images:

http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/special/mss019.html

Good luck!

Anne Lurie

PS -- Googling for "blue mushroom" brings up images, but they're fish!