Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
David

Default Which trees held up the best?

What are the changing world climates? I am curious. I haven't read any
concrete evidence of any changing climates.

Not only is global warming occurring, now even the effects of it on
living systems are quantifiable. (see New York Times article, Global
Warming Found to Displace Species Jan 2, 2003)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...splace_species

Of course, The Times, the journal Nature, and Stanford U, et al.,
might all be wrong, like that tabloid TV show Nova. Seriously, there
is no longer any question that warming is occurring, the only question
is how much is caused by human activity, and on that, the broad,
informed consensus opinion is "quite a large portion."

David (formerly of zone 7b, now approaching 8)