Old 01-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Pat Brothers

Default Lantana "Miss Huff"

She does best if planted after the last frost and allowed to establish
herself all summer so she has an extensive root system. I would fear for
one planted at this time of year. Bury her in mulch and cover her up
with a blanket. She starts to show life very late in the season, but if
she has shown no signs of growth by mid May, you will need to replace her.

Beth Peace wrote:

We just had some landscaping done (just finished Wednesday) and one of the
plants installed is a "Miss Huff" Lantana. I understand it's supposed to be
hardy around here, but it's also supposed to get quite cold this weekend.
Is there anything I should do to help it survive?

Beth

Pat Brothers

The Powell House
Wake Forest, NC
Zone 7b
and the Perennials Lady at Atlantic Ave. Orchid and Garden Center