Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Gene Hubert

Default Lantana "Miss Huff"

I concur. We've got them in north Durham and they've been fine with
no winter protection but these are established plants. They say the
first winter is the most critical for marginally hardy plants. I'd be
uneasy about planting them this late but they might do just fine.
Just checked the weather and they say even colder by Thursday and
Friday. You might want to cover them with leaves or pine needles.

Good Luck,
Gene Hubert

"jim wheeler" wrote in message ...
We've had them for the past 4-5 years and have had no problem with the
winters - they have come back each year and we did nothing special to
protect them. jim

"Beth Peace" wrote in message
. com...
We just had some landscaping done (just finished Wednesday) and one of the
plants installed is a "Miss Huff" Lantana. I understand it's supposed to

be
hardy around here, but it's also supposed to get quite cold this weekend.
Is there anything I should do to help it survive?

Beth