Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM

Default Territorial mockingbird hogging feeder

In article , Daniel B. Martin wrote:
... but he keeps coming back and I can't be there all day.

You must decide to kill him or tolerate him. I urge toleration.

Daniel B. Martin

I don't want to kill him, which is why I chose to put another feeder
in the front on the driveway. I am considering putting one way out
in the garden in hopes he will run himself ragged between that one and the
backyard one close to the house. he does not seem to bother the wrens and
smaller birds, but I have seen no woodpeckers, cardinals and other
larger birds.

I do have a squirrel trap and just might try trapping him on a weekend.
I don't know that he would even enter one. Maybe if I put a fake bird
in it?

Wes )