Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
C.L. Lassiter

Default Territorial mockingbird hogging feeder

Anne Lurie wrote:
Just put up more feeders, I guess! My suet feeder was being monopolized by
a Brown Thrasher, but he mysteriously disappeared when it snowed, so now the
feeder's accessible to Carolina Wrens, Chickadees, and my 2 favorites,
Brown-Headed Nuthatch & Pine Warbler (I never knew warblers came to feeders
at all, but this gorgeous little guy is apparently an exception).

Isn't that yellow-green coloration gorgeous? Last year I had one
regularly at my suet feeder into spring. I'm guessing the one I have now
is last year's first timer.

cl