Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Territorial mockingbird hogging feeder

"Daniel B. Martin" wrote in message
... with cat fur, twigs, and long grassy type weeds.

Cotton lint from your clothes dryer filter might be preferable to cat fur.

Daniel, I was wondering why you'd say that lint is more preferable than cat
fur? I'd think fur would be a more natural substance in that setting --
I've even seen birds snatching hair from a dead raccoon (awaiting animal
control pickup due to possible rabies). Also, I *thought* that I saw not
too long ago that lint was actually not that desirable for birds' nests
because it could have dryer-softener chemicals and also it holds more
moisture when wet.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh