Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Garden bed edgings

My recommendation would be to take a drive through some nicer subdivisions
and check out their retaining walls for beds. They are usually made with a
grey stone that is carried by Lowe's or Home Depot. Depending on whether
your beds are raised or at lawn level, you could use one or two tiers as a
border.

If you want some variety of color or shapes, go online and check out
Luckstone. They are on Old Apex Rd. in Cary and will deliver the stones
(for a fee). I believe the stones at Lowe's are interlocking so they don't
shift and look disheveled.

Hope this helps.

Penny
"barbara hamilton" wrote in message
I am fairly new to gardening but really enjoy it - the problem is that I
have been attempting to make a really attractive flower bed in my yard and
wanted an edge to give it a nice formal look (plus one side of it is close
to the driveway and slopes down so I want to ensure the soil doesn't wash
away). The problem is that I cannot seem to find an edging product that

is
easy to install and that doesn't look cheap or tacky. Any suggestions?

Barbara