Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Margaret Lillard

Default Squirrel baffle for 3" bird feeder post?

In ink.net "Elizabeth" writes:
I am looking for a disc-style squirrel baffle for my bird feeder post. The
cedar post is 3" square. I found a great one on the web, but it is for a 4"
pole. Anyone know of a source or any easy way to make one? I don't have a
whole lot of tools to work with metal, so I would prefer to find one already
made.

At the home and garden show this weekend, I saw a guy selling bird feeders
who had what appeared to be a clever idea for a baffle: He had a Slinky
attached to the bottom of the feeder and dangling down/around the pole.
Seemed a lot less obtrusive than those big discs, maybe cheaper too. Has
anyone tried this? If I can find a Slinky, I plan to give it a whirl.

Margaret