Old 01-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Hanging basket for shade

My first thought, Tom, was about some sort of begonia that would work well
in a basket -- not sure about the "trailing begonia" concept, but the
plant might work in some other container.

The other thought was Fuchsia! It's been a while since I was there (up
North), but when I lived in northern Vermont I visited botanical gardens in
Montreal that had wondrously gorgeous hanging baskets of Fuchsia taller than
I am -- literally, the baskets were over my head & the plant came down to
my feet. (The baskets were "taken inside" for the winter, but in my mind it
would have been well worth my while to have tried it..........except for
having too many inquisitive cats & "fetching" dogs!)

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Tom" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know of a good hanging basket for TOTAL shade. My porch faces
north and never gets direct sunlight.

Thanks,

Tom