Old 01-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Swanson Cherry?

My neighbor mentioned that he has a new client who "is a botanist" who
recommended that he plant "Swanson Cherry" trees.

From his description, the tree in question has a spreading form (but not
weeping), and is really pretty, and the new client suggested instead of the
Bradford Pear trees he was planning (I'd already warned him about the
potential problems with Bradford Pear, but it was tough to make the case,
since my own tree survived the December ice storm intact. Also, I
apparently succeeded in warning him away from planting Wisteria!!!!)

I can't find anything on the Internet about Swanson Cherry -- does anyone
here have any hints? (I don't mean "for or against" just what it looks
like.)

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh